Monday, November 14, 2011

Jane Roe #15,938,000

In 1973, the Supreme Court decision in the famous Roe v. Wade case opened the doors to abortion on demand in the United States. Since that time an average of 1.2 million babies have been aborted every single year in our country. My baby was one of this number in 1984. In my estimation, my baby was number 15,938,000 - hence my pen name.

Also in the larger number of almost 50,000,000 babies aborted up to now is a siblings child, and my grandchild. Those are the ones I know of, I'm sure there are more and it breaks my heart.

The interesting story of the real Jane Roe, Norma McCorvey can be found here: http://roenomore.org/
It seems that Norma was duped by two young lawyers who needed a pregnant woman to be the face of their suit and advance their pro-abortion agenda. Norma worked in an abortion clinic for years after Roe v. Wade, but has since become "100% Pro-Life". I'm happy that her heart has turned and I pray that others who lead women down this path of death and destruction will also turn their heart towards protecting life and protecting women from this tragedy.